7.18.2019

Why Seoul Student Housing 42SHARE is chosen for many foreign student

In my previous post, I had mentioned about my definition of home and the importance of having a place to call home in a new environment. In the middle of looking for a ‘home’ I have found my own place to call home, and the name of the place is called 42SHARE. Now, I will tell you why I chose 42SHARE more specifically and in details. And I believe that a lot of people selected this place for similar reasons as mine. 


At 42SHARE you get to meet new, interesting people and create your own Korean lifestyle and experience the domestic life at the very heart of Seoul, Sinchon. The first people that you will meet are the managers. The managers do a good job at helping to ease the pace and locate yourself when you first get there specially if you are a first timer in Korea. They have people that speak fluently in English so those who are worried about language barrier do not have to worry. Since it is a place where people live, they try to be attentive on details where could be disturbing to us, the residents, and try to fix all the problems if there’s any upcoming difficulty. I don’t think there’s such a place where they try to be that attentive on the residents’ needs. This actually had provided me and the rest of the residents an easy Korean lifestyle. I didn’t have to go through by all the minimum daily problems by myself and made things easier. I would have struggled alone if I had selected another place to live.


#Study Lounge for entertainment and studies.
Like this, 42SHARE was the closest place that checked my wish list.

Talking about price, which is important, specially if you are a university student, it had a reasonable price, covering the extra expenses such as gas, water, electricity, etc. and it already has all the furniture that I needed, it was very modern comparing to other places, a good security system and the best part was that I got to live with other international students, people like me and have own private place at the same time! I was happy and lucky to find this place, so I contacted right away. They have various ways of communication so getting connected with them will be easy peasy! 



Yonsei Hall Rooftop


When I got there they had the prettiest and the most spacious study lounge. I liked the little details they focused on. I also liked the way they decorated the place; not too cold and studious atmosphere, but rather a cozy and fun-looking atmosphere. When studying in Korea, you’ll realize how much you’ll be going to cafes to do your studies, but later on I spent most of my studying time at the study lounge since is right below where I live. Not only that but I could also have a private space to study with my friends.

Yonsei Hall Shared Kitchen

The room was exactly what I needed. It has a perfect sized wardrobe, a private bathroom, a personal fridge and microwave, an AC which I could use it at any time, at any moment. I’m mentioning about the AC because most of the places in Seoul, the use of AC is restricted due to expensive electricity. But like I mentioned before, these expenses were already covered so it was all up to me how much I was gonna use it! They even have a pretty rooftop which is perfect to spend time when the weather is good. Since is right next to the kitchen, you can have a nice meal at the rooftop too! I really liked these common areas because good people are the reason why I call a place home and I did meet good people and made unforgettable memories while living at that place.


As a university student and as a foreign student studying in the Sinchon area, this place was the best choice I had made. It has everything a person, especially a university student needs in her or his daily university life and social life. Like me, hope you make the best choice for your future university experiences!


*This article is written by Park Jaewon who is studying as a foreigner and a Korean who experienced Seoul Student Housing42SHARE